Professional Indemnity Insurance

We have many years experience in arranging professional indemnity insurance in Ireland, from the straightforward to the complex risk. While many new professions have emerged in recent years, our experienced team are on hand to talk you through the type of cover you require and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today and we'll help find the professional indemnity insurance policy that's right for you.

Key Features

  • Access to domestic and UK markets.
  • Dedicated and experienced professional indemnity insurance team.
  • Bespoke insurance policies.
  • Broker to broker facility available.

Key benefits

  • Varying professional indemnity limits available.
  • Quotes available for most occupations.
  • Competitive rates.
  • Variety of excess options.
Trusted Experts for Over 50 Years

Top Tip #1

Did you know that you can reduce your professional indemnity insurance premium by opting for a higher policy excess? The policy excess is the amount you agree to pay in the event of a claim on your professional indemnity insurance policy.

Top Tip #2

When renewing professional indemnity insurance, collect all relevant information and consider all changes that you need at least a month in advance of your renewal date.

Top Tip #3

Should you cease practice, make sure you have run off professional indemnity insurance cover in place to protect against future claims relating to your years of practice.


  • Q: What is Professional Indemnity insurance?
    A: It is a type of liability insurance that provides cover for financial consequences of neglect, error or omission by the insured. A professional indemnity insurance policy works in providing expert legal advice and legal expense cover in defending the claim and any subsequent awards up to the policy limit.
  • Q: How much cover do I need?
    A: The limit of professional indemnity cover is the maximum amount the insurers will pay out. Your limit should reflect your exposure to possible claims. Talk to our expert team for advice on appropriate levels of cover for your profession.
  • Q: Do I have to pay excess?
    A: While all professional indemnity insurers require professionals to pay excess (the amount of money that you agree to pay towards covering the costs of a claim yourself), most will keep this relatively low to prevent you from experiencing financial difficulty.
  • Q: What is run-off cover?
    A: Professional indemnity insurance for a business which has stopped trading but wishes to maintain cover for past services. Run-off cover usually lasts for a period of 6 years but other periods of time can be specified.
  • Q: In which countries is my professional indemnity insurance policy valid against claims?
    A: For you to be covered by your professional indemnity insurance policy, a claim against you must be brought in the courts of – or be subject to the laws of – a specific country or region. This is normally Ireland but it can be extended to worldwide or worldwide excluding USA and Canada. Please refer to your professional indemnity insurance policy schedule for full details.